Book a FREE remote video valuation of your property
Whitegates can now offer a free remote video valuation of your property. This will help you take the first steps to selling or letting your home during the current situation caused by the Covid-19 outbreak. Our experts will also be able to answer any questions you may have on selling, buying or letting a home in these testing times.
Our remote video valuation is absolutely free of charge! It will take place via video call, at a time and date to suit you. Over video call, you will ‘walk’ one of our experienced local agents through your property, showcasing standout features of your home and providing relevant information to help them make an accurate assessment.
Not only will we provide a valuation of your property, but we’ll also give you expert advice regarding any work we recommend you do in advance of marketing your property.
Our remote video valuations work in a similar way to our at-home valuations:
- Complete the form online to book your valuation appointment.
- A property expert from your local branch will contact you to arrange a time for the call that suits you, and agree on which format works best for you (e.g. WhatsApp, FaceTime, or other suitable method).
- During the video call, they will talk you through the process, as well as advise on current property market conditions.
- They will then ‘walk through’ your home with you, guiding you and asking questions along the way to get more information about the condition of your property.
- After the video call, the property agent will send you a thorough home valuation via email, which will be based on the video walkthrough combined with their in-depth knowledge of your local area and property market trends.
Whether you are a buy-to-let investor or have chosen to rent out your own home, as a landlord your biggest concern will generally be 'can I keep my property occupied as much as possible'.
With Whitegates, your chances are much enhanced, as our marketing sets us apart from other agents. Our property portal presence alongside tactical digital marketing gives greater exposure to your property to minimise those costly void periods.
Of course you don't just want any tenant in your property. A classic mistake of the 'do-it-yourself' landlord is to just put anyone in the property without properly checking them out. At Whitegates we have access to comprehensive referencing services to give greater clarity on a prospective tenant's background which all helps minimise potential future tenancy issues.
With letting comes inherent risk which, whilst can never be eliminated, Whitegates can minimise that risk by getting things right from the very beginning - referencing tenants properly, taking care of safety legislation compiling a detailed inventory and drawing up a legally-sound tenancy agreement.
Our landlord services
We’re passionate about property at Whitegates and have been putting great tenants in properties they can call home for more than 40 years. Our comprehensive property management package is about taking the strain on behalf of both landlord and tenant, providing peace of mind for both of you and helping to build a long-term relationship.
Why let your property with Whitegates:
• Full screening and background checks on tenants
• Fully transparent property management fees
• 100% compliance on lettings legislation
• Tenancy deposit protection scheme
• Comprehensive property inventory and utility switching service
• Great customer service
• Bank of trusted local trades for repair and maintenance
• Property inspections throughout each tenancy
• Protection of your monthly rental income
• Protected and enforceable landlord legal rights
All our branches have staff qualified by ARLA (the Association of Residential Letting Agents) who ensure any situation can be handled in the correct legal manner and resolved as quickly as possible. The laws can be rather complex at times and our staff spend many hours learning it so that you don't have to!
Our licensed ARLA member branches are also covered by the ARLA Client Money Protection scheme - giving you peace of mind that your money is protected. The SAFEAGENT and the ARLA Licensed Member logos are a sign of this protection and will be displayed on the office pages of member branches.
We strongly believe in the transparency of our service and we will clearly state all fees to you before we let your property. Our transparency goes even further as all our branches are members of the Property Ombudsman scheme and adhere to this rigorous code of practice and redress scheme.
Inspecting your property once it is let is a crucial part of our property management service, providing you with the comfort of knowing exactly how the property is being cared for by your tenant. When a tenant leaves your property Whitegates property management staff will handle the detailed inspection to ensure your property has been left in the acceptable condition you'd expect it to be and will deal with the release of the tenancy deposit - taking away a major 'hassle' from you.
So if you are looking for an agent to find a tenant and/or manage your property, contact one of our branches and see how we can work together with you to keep your investments performing.